1. Promote what you stand for – You need to get your message across at every opportunity. Sell your beliefs – not how cheap your product is.
2. Get your USP on your homepage – Your homepage acts as your elevator pitch for new visitors. Make your proposition very clear. Do not cram lots of offers on it to confuse the overall message.
3. Invest in great photography – Professional photography can really help to sell a product. Make sure you invest in someone with proven expertise. It can pay dividends because it makes your site look more professional.
4. Show the key benefits – Make sure you sell the benefits of your product and what pain factors it is addressing. Don’t just list features.
5. Use video – Video is powerful stuff. People don’t have the time to read lots of text but video is a quick way to tell a story. Use it!
6. Use a tone of voice that suits your product offering – Tone of voice carries across the personality of your business. Formal wording can often turn consumers off so make sure you reflect the type of business you are.
7. Promote PR coverage – If you have achieved some coverage on another site or in a magazine them show people. Familiar logos go a long way to building brand confidence.
8. Be available – Don’t just have a contact form. Have a telephone number or live chat where people can get hold of you and ask questions. Being approachable and quick to reply enhances confidence.
9. Show the quality of your packaging – Packaging is key and is worth investing in. Look at companies like Glossybox for inspiration.
10. Highlight your easy returns policy – Easy returns can really help conversion. It breeds confidence and can be a deciding factor to making a purchase. Make it clear!
11. Encourage people to sign up to keep in touch – Don’t promise lots of spammy offers. Get people to sign up to share your journey and learn about your beliefs.
12. Be social – Social media isn’t a sales platform but it is a fantastic way to tell your story and share it. Use it wisely and show people what is going on behind the scenes of your business.
13. Enable people to share your content – You have a great product and great site so just let people share it. If they like what you do then make it easy for them to tell the world.
Overall, your main objective is to build immediate credibility. If you can do this, then you will succeed in building that emotional bond that will boost your online conversion. What’s more, you will probably gain more sales from their word-of-mouth promotion too.